July 22, 1920
Harvesting is well under way in the county. . .James Brennan has 17 acres of wheat threshed and it averages 48 bushels per acre and tested 64 pounds to the bushel. Near Irving, Jim Stiverson threshed wheat weighing 56 pounds and J.G. Chitty of near Bigelow had wheat that tested 70 pounds. No. 2 wheat is $2.45 per bushel. Farmers generally are satisfied with the results of the harvest in this county. . .Assessors reported that about 4,500 automobiles are owned by county residents. However, only about 3,500 have applied for licenses. . .Manager Don Merriman reported that the Community House, redecorated through, will be open about Aug. 1. . .There are 891 voters registered for the primary election in Marysville. . .Mr. and Mrs. J.M. Watson were here from Frankfort and inspected the new Mary Marshall Hospital built by Dr. W.F. Roney and which was named after a sister of Mrs. Watson, one of the early pioneers of this community. . .Named to the city park board by the Chamber of Commerce were C.F. Travelute, Hugo A. Hohn and R.C. Guthrie. . .Good progress is being made in remodeling the front of the Bayless Price building occupied by the Robertson Hardware store. . .